Using the steps below, your iPhone/Touch using firmware 2.x / 3.0 (Windows formatted) can be unleashed to once again allow them to be used with your favorite tools.
This guide requires that you "Jailbreak" your iPhone/Touch. What this does is to open up your iPhone/Touch's file system so it can be accessed from your computer. Don't worry, your iPhone/Touch will still work with iTunes afterwards.
THIS GUIDE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS", ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN OR IMPLIED.
- If your iPhone firmware version is 3.1.2 please skip to the bottom of this article, otherwise continue to step 2.
- Download QuickPwn:
- Run QuickPwn and follow the easy on-screen steps.
- When installing you will be asked to install "Cydia" (Application Manager). Please select to install this.
- Turn your iPhone/Touch off, and then on again.
(hold the top button down for 3 seconds, then use the slider to turn the device off)
If you are having difficulties applying the patch, or the patch above is not compatible with your firmware version, then please visit http://www.quickpwn.com/ for details on how to patch your specific device.
If you have firmware 2.2 factory installed on your Touch/iPhone, then you may be asked by QuickPwn for the location of the IPSW File (which you may not have).
This can be downloaded here.
Patching iPhone/Touch firmware version 3.1.2
If your firmware version is version 3.1.2, here is a link with all the steps required to patch your iPhone/Touch, it also includes links to download the firmware ipsw file for 3.1.2.
Instructions on how to patch your iPhone/Touch using Blackra1n:
You can download Blacra1n from:
You can download firmware ipsw files etc from here:
Once Blackra1n is installed it is important to do the following:
- Tap on the "Blackra1n" icon on your Touch/iPhone.
- Tap on Cydia and install it.
- Once Cydia is installed, tap on the Cydia icon.
- Now tap on the search icon at the bottom of the screen, and search for Afc2Add
- Once you have found Afc2Add, tap the install button.
- Once installed, restart your Touch/iPhone by holding down the button on the top of it. Once it has switched off, press the top button again to power it on again.
- You're done!